Lockheed Martin Accelerates $450 Million This Week to Suppliers
BETHESDA, Md., June 12, 2020 – Lockheed Martin continued support to critical industrial base suppliers, front-line medical workers and local communities this week for COVID-19 relief and response.
Supply Chain Commitment
- We continued to accelerate cash to our suppliers to promote a healthy Defense Industrial Base. This week, we accelerated more than $450 million, with a focus on small businesses and at-risk suppliers due to COVID-19.
- Lockheed Martin has hired more than 7,000 new employees across the United States since the COVID-19 crisis began and is advertising for more than 3,300 roles. The corporation remains on track with plans to hire 12,000 employees during 2020.
COVID-19 Relief Efforts
- We continue to provide donated corporate air support to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the National Marrow Donor Program. To date Lockheed Martin has completed 11 missions to support the federal government’s COVID-19 response and relief efforts.
- This week we completed the seventh international bone marrow transfer flight.
Helping Our Communities
- This week, as part of our ongoing charitable contributions of $5 million to state and local organizations that support communities where we operate, the Grady Health Foundation in Georgia announced a $450,000 grant to expand its testing capacity for COVID-19. The Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida also announced a $425,000 grant that will be used to purchase food for distribution, equating “to more than eight tractor-trailers’ worth of food to families in need.”
- Across the country, we have produced more than 64,000 protective gowns and 31,000 face shields, and have donated PPE at more than 150 locations where frontline medical workers are caring for COVID-19 patients, and those at risk, including medically vulnerable seniors.
About Lockheed Martin
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 110,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
Please follow @LMNews on Twitter for the latest announcements and news across the corporation.
# # #
Jarrod Agen, 301-897-6412, email@example.com