Lockheed Martin Accelerates more than $725 Million to Suppliers over Last Two Weeks
BETHESDA, Md., July 24, 2020 – Lockheed Martin continued support to critical industrial base suppliers, front-line medical workers and local communities this week for COVID-19 relief and response.
Supply Chain Commitment
- We continued to accelerate cash to our suppliers to promote a healthy Defense Industrial Base. We accelerated more than $300 million the week of July 13 and $425 million the week of July 20, with a focus on small businesses and at-risk suppliers due to COVID-19.
- Lockheed Martin will continue to assess COVID-19 impacts, working with our U.S. Government partners and suppliers, and accelerate cash to at-risk suppliers and small businesses to ensure we continue to meet commitments vital to national security.
- Lockheed Martin has hired more than 10,500 new employees across the United States since the COVID-19 crisis began and is advertising for more than 2,800 roles. The corporation remains on track with plans to hire 12,000 employees during 2020.
Helping Our Communities
- Lockheed Martin has given more than $18 million in charitable contributions since the pandemic began to support COVID-impacted communities nearby major Lockheed Martin facilities and where our employees and their families live. This includes ongoing initiatives to support public school student access to technology, food banks, and hospitals and first responders in states like California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, and Texas, and the greater Washington metro area.
- Across the country, we have produced more than 80,000 protective gowns and 43,000 face shields. We have donated PPE at 191 locations where frontline medical workers are caring for COVID-19 patients, and those at risk, including medically vulnerable seniors.
- We have provided more than 57,000 meals in local communities surrounding nine Lockheed Martin locations.
About Lockheed Martin
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 110,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
Please follow @LMNews on Twitter for the latest announcements and news across the corporation.
# # #
Jarrod Agen, 301-897-6412, firstname.lastname@example.org