Lockheed Martin Commits Additional $3.5 Million of Charitable Contributions for COVID-19 Relief in Local Communities
Corporation Will Continue Accelerating Payments to Small and Vulnerable Businesses Through 2020 to Support Supply Chain
BETHESDA, Md., Aug. 28, 2020 – Lockheed Martin continued support to critical industrial base suppliers, front-line medical workers and local communities this week for COVID-19 relief and response.
Helping Our Communities
- We are donating an additional $3.5 million to ensure military service members and veterans have access to mental health resources, help public school students access distance learning tools, support community colleges and vocational programs, safeguard food security for students, and address local needs through community foundations.
- This is in addition to the more than $18 million in charitable contributions the corporation has provided since the pandemic began for communities near major Lockheed Martin facilities. This includes ongoing initiatives to support public school students’ access to technology, food banks, and hospitals and first responders in states like California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, and Texas, and the greater Washington, D.C. metro area.
- Across the country, we have produced more than 83,000 protective gowns and 53,000 face shields. We have donated personal protective equipment (PPE) at 238 locations where frontline medical workers are caring for COVID-19 patients, and those at risk, including medically vulnerable seniors.
- We have provided more than 57,000 meals in local communities surrounding nine Lockheed Martin locations.
Supply Chain Commitment
- We continued to accelerate cash to our suppliers to promote a healthy Defense Industrial Base. In the month of August, we accelerated between $300 million and $500 million per week with a focus on small businesses and at-risk suppliers.
- Since March, Lockheed Martin has accelerated payments to more than 7,900 suppliers, including more than 4,800 small businesses across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and 39 nations.
- Lockheed Martin continues to assess COVID-19 impacts, working with our U.S. Government partners and suppliers, and will accelerate cash to at-risk suppliers and small businesses through the end of the year to ensure we continue to meet commitments vital to national security.
- Lockheed Martin reached our 2020 goal of hiring more than 12,000 new employees across the United States this year to address business needs, attrition and long-term program objectives.
Health and Human Services (HHS) Recognizes Lockheed Martin
- Last week, Lockheed Martin was recognized by HHS leadership for the joint efforts and 12 critical lifesaving corporate air missions in support of the federal government’s COVID-19 response and relief efforts.
About Lockheed Martin
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 110,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
Please follow @LMNews on Twitter for the latest announcements and news across the corporation.
# # #
Jarrod Agen, 301-897-6412, email@example.com