Source: Northrop Grumman
The AN/APY-9 radar is an integral part of the Advanced Hawkeye program for the United States Navy’s Surveillance and Theatre Air and Missile Defense (TAMD) missions. The APY-9 provides the enhanced airborne command and control and expanded surveillance for the Navy’s E-2D aircraft. The radar is an all-weather, airborne early warning radar designed to detect small, highly maneuverable targets in the dense littoral and overland environments.
The World's Premier Airborne Early Warning Radar
Full 360° Surveillance
The APY-9 features both mechanical and electronic scanning modes, providing the warfighter with full range 360° situational awareness and the ability to augment with electronic scanning to dedicate extra resources to challenging targets or 90° sectors, in any direction.
Space-Time Adaptive Processing (STAP)
The APY-9 Radar detects both air and sea surface targets simultaneously. The APY-9’s unique STAP architecture suppresses clutter, jamming, and other sources of electromagnetic interference, focusing on the target.
Solid State Transmitter and Advanced Processor
The APY-9 operates at UHF which is ideal for long range detection of stressing targets. High Power Solid-State transmitter electronics increases reliability and sensitivity. Advanced Processing enables flexible beam management and enhanced target processing.
Nothing Hides From the AN/APY-9 RADAR
- The most advanced and capable airborne early warning sensor in the world
- Full range, continuous, 360° coverage for unparalleled situational awareness
- Electronic Sector Scanning enables increased track update rates in any 90° sector
- High reliability solid-state transmitter design, digital receivers and exciter, provide maximum waveform flexibility, low noise figure, and increased sensitivity
- Open architecture processor supports continuous capability insertion to outpace the dynamic threat environment
- Circuit Card Assembly hardware architecture greatly simplifies system maintenance
Media and Press Inquiries
+1 (315) 391-1966
The World's Most Advanced Radar and Sensors Family
Lockheed Martin’s radar and electro-optical/infrared sensor systems provide advanced precision targeting, navigation, threat detection and next generation intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance capabilities. We’ve designed and delivered radars and sensors for every armed service and operational environment. Our space-based solutions collect and transmit imagery and sensor data that informs critical decisions made by national leaders, troops on the battlefield, intelligence agents and emergency responders, as well as the public and private sector.