Lockheed Martin has developed and fielded the JAMES product for the British Army, which has been delivered incrementally.
JAMES is an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system that provides a comprehensive Engineering and Asset Management (E&AM) information management capability for users operating throughout the Land environment.
The first JAMES release, delivered in 2005, provided real time asset visibility of nearly 128,000 equipments and was fielded to over 99 percent of the British Army.
An increment of the first JAMES release was awarded in the first quarter of 2008. BOWMAN (radio management) was awarded in the first quarter of 2009, and an option to provide training courseware was executed in the third quarter of that same year.
The full increment capability was deployed in December 2010 to include; Maintenance, Repair, Modification & Overhaul (MRMO), Inventory Management and a robust deployable capability.
- 100 percent performance and availability reported against the Managed Service throughout 2014
- Lockheed Martin is providing a Managed Service, and the program continues to exceed its Service Level Agreements (SLA), supporting more than 900,000 pieces of equipment, more than 5.5 million catalogue items and consistently processing transactions in excess of $10 million.
- The Operations and Sustainment team continues with an aggressive development cycle, delivering in excess of 260 engineering change requests and customer enhancements for the past four years of service.
- Dashboard capability savings of 8,000 man hours per month is logged
- Support in Afghanistan, with deployments in the final quarter of 2012 through 2014
- Successfully applied a performance enhancement over the infrastructure in support of the mobile characterization assessments for JAMES to be deployed in theatre
- Enterprise Architecture Interface (EAI) JAMES: Management of the Joint Deployed Inventory (MJDI) is operational, and initial operating capability (IOC) for Middle East operations awarded May 2013
- Lockheed Martin received the Log NEC Partnering Award for “Support to Operations, Over and Above” in support of Operation HERRICK
- Also received the Spirit of Partnering Award for Outstanding Stakeholder Service Award for JAMES
- Support Customer U.S. Marine Corps War-Gaming utilising JAMES
- Provides Through Life Capability Management (TLCM) for Land equipment across UK Defense, to enable optimizing of; spares provision, performance, reliability, overhaul and supply chain management to deliver required availability.
- OEM’s access to JAMES data allows them to improve performance on their Support Contracts and can enable Contracting for Availability.
- Enables rapid identification of status, condition, ownership, location and quantity of equipment.
- Improves operational effectiveness and significantly improves operational planning and sustainability.
- Enables real-time information exchange improving speed and quality of decision making.
- Provides full Configuration Management through input of Platform Equipment Breakdown Structure (EBS) data at the equipment and sub-assembly level.
- Provides robust deployed functionality on operations through provision of JAMES Unplugged Devices (JUDs).
- Produces a common set of business processes across Defense providing operational efficiency and reduction in training costs.
- JAMES provides the information architecture to support wider exploitation of equipment data, with an extensive Library of Reports, available within the application and a reports repository and data mining tool for specific reporting requirements.
- JAMES’ open architecture is ready to interface with the MoD Joint Supply Chain systems and has the ability to integrate with other support applications such as medical, finance and human resources.
- The system can wirelessly link with equipment Health and Usage Monitor Systems (HUMS) to auto-populate JAMES to allow real-time decisions to be made on maintenance priority and fleet utilisation.
- JAMES has the capability to manage complex air and sea equipment.
- To support the MoD’s vision for an Integrated Decision Support capability, the use of performance management and operational analysis tools interfaced to JAMES is actively being addressed.
- Management of Equipment Resources, Liabilities and Information Networks (MERLIN) and Managing Assets for Equipment Support, Transactions, Records and Occurrences (MAESTRO) Migration (M3) to JAMES.
- Urgent Operational Requirements (UOR) and standard engineering change requests for enhanced capability/functionality continue to be requested by the customer.
- Dedicated link back to JAMES Main from Operational locations, I.e. Operation HERRICK.
- Follow on orders for three additional Dashboards and Master Work Register.
- Engagement for a Contingency Operations Solution.
Training & Logistics Solutions
+1 (407) 306-5198
Training & Logistics
The most valuable assets aren't built.