The Target Sight System (TSS) is the multi-sensor electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) fire control system (AN/AAQ-30A) for the U.S. Marine Corps AH-1Z attack helicopter. TSS has an infrared pointer, large-aperture mid-wave infrared (MWIR) sensor, color TV, laser designator/rangefinder (with eye-safe mode) and an on-gimbal inertial measurement unit integrated into a highly stabilized turret. The turret mounts to the nose of the aircraft via the Lockheed Martin-developed aircraft interface structure. TSS’ advanced sensors provide pilots with enhanced capabilities to acquire, track and designate targets at maximum weapon range, significantly enhancing platform survivability and lethality.
- Large aperture MWIR with four fields-of-view for maximum image resolution and long-range performance
- Highly stabilized and inertially isolated gimbal for precise line-of-sight pointing
- Multi-mode multi-target tracker for precision weapon designation and target geo-location
- Advanced image processing to enhance target identification at extended ranges
- High magnification, continuous zoom, color TV with field-of-view matched to the MWIR
- Versatile modular architecture for future growth