The Target Sight System (TSS) is the multi-sensor electro-optical/infrared fire control system for the U.S. Marine Corps AH-1Z attack helicopter.
TSS’ advanced sensors provide pilots with enhanced capabilities to acquire, track and designate targets at maximum weapon range, significantly enhancing platform survivability
• Large aperture mid-wave infrared (MWIR) with four fields-of-view for maximum image resolution and long-range performance
• Highly stabilized and inertially isolated gimbal for precise line-of-sight pointing
• Multi-mode multi-target tracker for precision weapon designation and target geo-location
• Advanced image processing to enhance target identification at extended ranges
• High magnification, continuous zoom, color TV with field-of-view matched to the MWIR
• Versatile modular architecture for future growth
Unmanned assets may look smart, but when running into a machine gun, they return to simply being drones.