We provide turnkey energy storage systems for commercial, industrial, and utility applications.
From satellites to microgrids, Lockheed Martin has been deploying and developing energy storage systems for different products for over 60 years.
Our GridStar energy storage systems are designed to make the electric grid more efficient, cost-effective, clean, stable, secure, and responsive.
- Integrate with on-site renewable energy
- Trim peak electricity demand and reduce utility bills
- Improve power reliability and quality
- Defer costly upgrades to transmission and distribution infrastructure equipment
- Integrate intermittent renewable energy
- Add local flexible capacity
- Reduce peak demand
- We excel at advancing innovative, fully-integrated, solutions for mission critical applications.
- We provide the scale, stability, and long-term commitment our customers need for success.
- Fully integrated solutions, including energy storage, power conversion, AC/DC protection, thermal management and controls.
- Flexible and scalable (ranging in size from 100 kW to multi-MW).
- Backed by a company you can depend on.
- For short and medium duration storage applications
- Robust, reliable, future-proof, design
- It’s all in the box: batteries, power conversion, AC/DC protection, thermal management, and controls
- Simple installation
- Compact footprint
- Scalable from 100 kW to multi-MW projects
- For long duration applications, we are pioneering innovative long duration flow battery systems
- Lockheed Martin proprietary technology - coordination chemistry flow battery (CCFB)
- Flexible, durable, long-duration energy storage for utility-scale projects
Lockheed Martin Energy Storage Development Network
We are leveraging our global network of talent and resources to develop the next generation of energy storage systems and batteries. Locations include: Dallas, TX; Cambridge, MA; Palo Alto, CA.
Example GridStar Projects
Energy Storage Sales and Business Development
(617) 374-3797 x 234
Media and Press Inquiries:
March 15, 2016
Lockheed Martin Completes Integration of Energy Portfolio