Superior Electro-Optical Targeting Capability
Advanced Sensor Features
- Industry leading passive detection, tracking, and ranging for air-to-air and air-to-surface targets
- High-definition sensors
- Laser spot tracker
- Ability to deliver laser energy to accurately support laser-guided weapons against moving targets
- Laser designator with aircrew selectable tactical and eye-safe wavelengths
- Two-way full-motion video datalink with metadata
- Digital data recordeExtended range precision geo-coordinate generation
- Global Scope® advanced sensor software suite for ISR, video and metadata playback, advanced scene visualization and point of interest planning
Sniper ATP’s open architecture easily enables upgrades. Lockheed Martin continuously invests to ensure that Sniper ATP is the most capable targeting pod available.
Recent upgrade efforts include:
- Two-color laser spot tracking
- Global Scope™ software / advanced NTISR modes
Secretary of Defense Performance-Based Logistics Award
The Office of the Secretary of Defense awarded Sniper ATP the 2019 Performance-Based Logistics Subsystem Level Award. The award was presented to the U.S. Air Force Robins Air Force Base and Lockheed Martin Precision Attack Sniper Integrated Product team
Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award
In 2012, the U.S. Department of Commerce chose Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control for the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award for performance excellence and quality achievement.
Perry Precision Strike Award
In 2010, the Precision Strike Association awarded the Lockheed Martin and U.S. Air Force Sniper ATP team its annual William J. Perry Award. Sniper ATP was selected for its impact in combat operations by reducing aircrew workload, enhancing situational awareness and shortening the timeline to engage insurgents while helping avoid fratricide and preventing harm to the civilian population.
Aviation Week Program Excellence Finalist
In 2009, Sniper ATP’s laptop-controlled B-1 program was recognized as a sub-system research and development finalist by Aviation Week.
Aviation Week Laurels Award
In 2004, Sniper ATP was recognized as an honoree at Aviation Week and Space Technology’s Annual Laurels Selection competition for its lasting contributions to the advancement of aerospace.
Sniper ATP has previously been recognized by BAE Systems with its “Bronze Chairman’s Award” and by Boeing with its “Silver Eagle Award.” Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control, who produces Sniper ATP, was also recognized by Industry Week as one of the 2007 “Best Plants.”