Calling all STEM Scholars!
Lockheed Martin has launched a new scholarship program to provide opportunities to students who want to build their talents and change the world!
Beginning in 2019, we are awarding 200 scholarships of $10,000 per student – renewable each year. The program will continue to add up to 200 new recipients each year, and will be open to individuals studying engineering or computer science that demonstrate financial need and come from underrepresented or underserved communities.
The scholarship program doesn’t end with a check. Mentoring opportunities will be a key component of the program, and recipients will also be eligible for Lockheed Martin internship opportunities following their freshman year in college.
Scholarship applications for the 2019-2020 school year has ended on March 12, 2019. Applications for the 2020-2021 school year will open in January 2020.
Applicants to the Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarship Program must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- U.S. Citizens
- Current high school seniors with a cumulative 3.5 or above GPA, or current college freshmen or sophomores with a cumulative 3.0 or above GPA.
- Planning to enroll full-time at an accredited four-year college or university in the U.S.
- Majoring or planning to major in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Math, Physics, Information Systems/Management Information Systems or Information Assurance.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be willing to consider a paid internship with Lockheed Martin following freshman, sophomore or junior year of college, other circumstances notwithstanding. (Note: The internship is not required to receive a scholarship.)
Provided there are qualified applicants, an effort will be made to give preference to applicants who:
- Have taken Project Lead the Way (PLTW) classes in high school.
- Have demonstrated leadership capabilities (evidenced by volunteerism, mentoring younger students, STEM-focused extracurricular activities, work experience)
- Have a compelling personal story and/or family circumstances (i.e. military family).
- Awards are for undergraduate study only.
Selection of Recipients
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic record, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, honors, work experience, statement of goals and aspirations, unusual personal or family circumstances, and an outside appraisal. Financial need, as calculated by Scholarship America, must be demonstrated for the student to receive an award.
Note: If the applicant's family does not file taxes, please attach a document explaining the circumstances in detail.
Lockheed Martin promotes equal opportunity and intentional inclusion. First generation college students and individuals from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship America. In no instance does any officer or employee of Lockheed Martin play a part in the selection. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
Explore a national educational program designed to inspire the next generation of innovators.
Advancing science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education is a critical focus for us.
View how we are investing, developing and impacting the growing workforce economy.
View our entry-level or intern/co-op opportunities for current college students.
301 318 6938