Advancing Joint All-Domain Operations to Stay Ahead of Ready: Lockheed Martin Accelerates Modernized Capabilities for U.S. Army
Today, more than ever, the U.S. Armed Forces and its allies must demonstrate credible military deterrence to foster stability, peace and prosperity across the globe. Lockheed Martin and defense industry partners are teaming up with the U.S. Army to enable a network of advanced systems across all domains that can operate in highly contested environments.
One of the largest areas of focus for allies is the Indo-Pacific. Strategically-postured capabilities in the region are critical to support deterrence, provide 24/7 counterfire capability and strike land and maritime targets.
To meet our customers’ immediate needs, Lockheed Martin is tailoring solutions to optimize current assets and advance development and delivery of modernized, connected capabilities like the Precision Strike Missile (PrSM), PAC-3 MSE and RAIDER X.
Delivering capable, connected systems, like the demonstrated THAAD Weapon System/PAC-3 MSE integration, enables a tightly integrated, layered missile defense system. Integrating PAC-3 MSE into the THAAD Weapon System provides a critical 21st century security capability that gives the warfighter more options with existing equipment so they can choose the best interceptor for any threat.
Lockheed Martin-built systems are already demonstrating JADO-enabling capability to seamlessly and securely connect assets in the joint battlespace supporting prompt and decisive action in joint military exercises like the INDOPACOM-sponsored Northern Edge and Valiant Shield.
Read more about the Lockheed Martin’s next-generation capabilities enabling security and deterrence in the Indo-Pacific.
Long Range Precision Fires
- Technically advanced, affordable and sustainable, HIMARS is interoperable with the latest precision munitions ranging 15 to 400+ km.
- The launcher’s shoot-and-scoot and rapid reloading capability enhance system survivability in high threat environments.
- Joint and coalition commanders can rapidly position HIMARS using C-130 aircraft immediately expanding the battle space for strategic targeting.
- HIMARS provides time sensitive targeting to support all domain operations.
- The Precision Strike Missile (PrSM) is a surface-to-surface, all-weather, precision-strike guided missile, fired from HIMARS and M270 with demonstrated range of 499 kilometers.
- PrSM will deliver enhanced capabilities to neutralize, suppress and address targets using missile-delivered indirect fires, providing the Joint Force Commander with increased range and options.
- Future PrSM increments with increased capability will offer even greater flexibility to commanders to include extended range and maritime targets.
- Extended-Range GMLRS is another next-generation munition that increases capability and versatility of GMLRS improving battlespace coverage.
- ER GMLRS will reach 150 km and deliver the same responsiveness and accuracy commanders have come to expect from GMLRS.
- ER GMLRS offers the same choice of munitions, designed to address point or area targets, at longer distances which improve options to support Multi-Domain Operations
Integrated Air and Missile Defense
- PAC-3 MSE’s advanced capabilities allow warfighters to defend against evolving threats including tactical ballistic missiles, cruise missiles and aircraft.
- Lockheed Martin is investing in a PAC-3 MSE/Aegis Weapon System integration to deliver a proven capability with growing capacity for Sailors for maritime engagements.
- PAC-3 MSE integration into the Aegis Weapon System showcases Lockheed Martin’s commitment to developing transformational, mission-focused, integrated technology to outpace adversaries and keep those who serve ahead of ready.
- Integration into the THAAD Weapon System allows the PAC-3 MSE to launch earlier, enabling a longer flyout and the full use of the MSE’s kinematic capability.
- This integration is another Lockheed Martin contribution to joint all-domain operations and offers a critical capability in 21st century security that gives the warfighter more options with existing equipment so they can choose the best interceptor for any threat they face.
- The integration results in a more tightly integrated, layered missile defense system, providing critical multi-tier missile defense capability to defeat current and emerging threats.
Operational Flexibility in Lower-Tier Air Domain
- RAIDER X is custom-built for Indo-Pacific missions. It flies farther and faster than conventional aircraft, maneuvers with unmatched agility at low altitudes and excels in any environment, including extremely hot conditions.
- RAIDER X will act as a networked sensor, a “quarterback” for managing the effects and communications across platforms in the lower-tier air domain at up to 1,000 feet above the ground.
- RAIDER X’s all-digital, Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA) is designed not only to connect with sensors and shooters across all domains but also to rapidly evolve and grow with the technology landscape.
- With RAIDER X, the Army’s inventory would add a connected weapon system that combines speed, range, maneuverability, survivability and operational flexibility – all to provide a decisive edge in INDOPACOM and future threat environments.
- The iconic Black Hawk has fought its way in and out of countless combat zones to deliver and extract troops, saved lives as a MEDEVAC platform, provided critical cargo and supplies to troops, delivered humanitarian aid during natural disasters, and performed as an aerial firefighter and border patroller.
- The latest generation of advanced UH-60M Black Hawk increases the safety, reliability, and productivity of the combat-proven design with greater lift, more power, and digital avionics suite based on lessons learned and data collected in real life operations.
- Composite main rotor blades, corrosion and fatigue resistant structures, and an Integrated Vehicle Health Management System (IVHMS) improve the availability and reliability of the helicopter while lowering direct operating costs.
- The Black Hawk continues to be a proven interoperable and multi-capability provider to militaries, paramilitaries and civil operators around the globe. With more than 5,000 variants produced, the Hawk family of aircraft sees global service with 34 other nations, including INDOPACOM partners.
Through digital transformation, experimentation and accelerating innovation, Lockheed Martin’s advanced solutions are equipped to meet the needs for our Indo-Pacific allies and enable them to stay ahead of ready in a rapidly evolving battlespace.