Welcome to 60 Years of Innovation and Economic Growth
Lockheed Martin is in a period of exciting and rapid growth in Orlando. As a technology leader, innovation is at the core of our business, and recent business growth will result in an influx of jobs, technology and economic growth for Orlando. Are you ready to take part?
We’re partnering with small businesses to fuel our local innovation ecosystem. Here’s how:
- Through Lockheed Martin Invests: Orlando, small businesses will support diverse research and development projects.
- Beginning Feb. 5, 2020, interested small businesses can submit a proposal and compete for funding provided via purchase orders.
- Small businesses must be located in Orange, Lake, Osceola or Seminole counties to participate.
The Lockheed Martin impact on Orlando isn’t just through business ventures. It’s so much more than that to us:
- Lockheed Martin employs approximately 8,000 individuals in Orlando.
- We work with 300 Orlando suppliers.
- 70 percent of our Orlando workforce are in engineering and technical positions.
- We employ more than nearly 3,000 UCF and Valencia graduates in Orlando.
- We’ll contribute $36 billion to Florida’s economy over the next 10 years.
While we don’t have a crystal ball to accurately predict the future, what we can project is that this growth will continue for at least the next several years. Take a look at the numbers:
- We opened our $50 million, 255,000 square foot Research & Development building in 2019.
- We’ve increased our workforce by 33 percent in the last 3 years.
- In 2018 we opened the first Orlando Innovation Center – a 6,500 square feet space where creative minds gather to solve the toughest challenges.
Beyond our business and facility growth, we continuously seek out opportunities to benefit the community. We focus on promoting STEM education and supporting the military and veterans and the Orlando community.
- Because of our continued impact to the community, the city of Orlando declared Nov. 30 as Lockheed Martin Day. This day was celebrated by giving a $300,000 grant to Valencia College, which came on the heels of an announcement just days before for a $1.5 million contribution to the University of Central Florida to create a Lockheed Martin Cyber Innovation Lab at the school.
- Our Orlando employees have logged over 23,000 hours of community service this year.
- Nineteen Orlando-based Lockheed Martin senior leaders sit on boards for 22 local non-profit organizations.
- We’ve donated $1.4 million in community contributions in 2018.
We are dedicated to helping our community throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. We are utilizing many avenues to provide support during this crisis, locally and globally.
Products Built In Orlando
Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control (MFC)
MFC is a recognized designer, developer and manufacturer of precision engagement aerospace and defense systems for military customers that include the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and dozens of foreign allies. The company is an industry leader and the Corporation’s lead business for research, development and production of electro-optic and smart munitions systems, and is a pioneer in the field of versatile, high-performance missile and rocket technology. MFC, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is also a leader in technologies related to millimeter wave radar, image and signal processing, advanced materials, electronic packaging and systems integration. Additionally, MFC provides logistics support services for U.S. Special Operations Forces and offers a wide range of products and services for the global civil nuclear power industry and the military’s green power initiatives.
5600 Sand Lake Road
Orlando, Florida 32819
Lockheed Martin Rotary Mission Systems (RMS)
RMS’ Training and Logistics Solutions (TLS) business is Lockheed Martin’s center of excellence for training and logistics products and services, serving the U.S. military and more than 65 international customers around the world. Based in Orlando, TLS develops programs that teach service men and women skills to accomplish their most challenging missions — flying the world’s most advanced fighter aircraft, navigating ships and driving armored vehicles. TLS is the corporation’s hub for simulation, X reality, live-virtual-constructive capabilities, advanced training devices and full-service training programs. TLS also provides sustainment services such as supply chain and logistics IT solutions, spares and repairs, as well as automated test and support equipment. TLS is a branch of the RMS business area, which is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland.
100 Global Innovation Circle
Orlando, Florida 32825
407-306-4004 (Visitor Center)