As Lockheed Martin’s infrared (IR) sensor center of excellence, Santa Barbara Focalplane designs and produces industry-leading sensors that guide the world’s most advanced platforms—from advanced tactical fighters to satellites in high orbit.
336 Bollay Drive
Goleta, CA 93117
Launched in the heart of Santa Barbara’s “Infrared Valley” in 1985, Santa Barbara Focalplane was the first company in the industry to build a high-resolution IR sensor with the speed to capture a hummingbird frozen in flight.
Today we develop and manufacture imaging IR systems that deliver high-resolution imagery in real-time, and single, multi-band and multi-spectral sensor cores. From the open skies to outer space, we’re helping our customers solve their most challenging problems.
We continuously seek out opportunities to give back to the community that has given those of us at Lockheed Martin so much.
- Our volunteers support science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) activities. These include partnerships with local chapters of Girls Inc. and United Way, as well as area schools.
- We team with organizations like Relay for Life and Vitalant (formerly United Blood Services) to raise funds and awareness for community health.
- Our employees serve in leadership positions with area STEM and community organizations, including First Robotics, Girls Inc., 4-H and United Way.
- Turn left when you exit the airport
- Continue to the first stoplight (at intersection of Fairview Ave. and Hollister Ave.).
- Turn left onto Hollister Ave.
- Continue about 3 miles to the intersection of Hollister Ave. and Storke Road (to the 4th stop light).
- Turn left onto Storke Road
- Turn left onto Bollay Drive (the first street past the shopping center)
- Bollay Drive turns to the right and ends in a cul-de-sac.
- Santa Barbara Focalplane is at 336 Bollay Drive (the end of the cul-de-sac).
The Environmental, Safety and Health (ESH) Policy of Missiles and Fire Control is to operate our facilities in a regulatory compliant, responsible manner that protects the environment and surrounding communities, commits to pollution prevention and prevention of occupational injury and ill health, conserves natural resources, and provides a safe and healthful workplace for employees, contractors and visitors. The policy requires employees to:
- Integrate ESH considerations into strategic business decisions, engineering design, procurement, facilities management and production.
- Continually improve the environmental aspects and safety and health performance of our business and incorporate establish and review ESH goals in applicable performance measurements.
- Cultivate ESH responsibility by all employees at all organizational levels and those who work on behalf of and under the control of the company.
Sniper is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. All Rights Reserved.