Lockheed Martin Accelerates $307 Million this Week to Suppliers
BETHESDA, Md., May 22, 2020 – Lockheed Martin continued support to critical industrial base suppliers, front-line medical workers, and local communities this week for COVID-19 relief and response.
Supply Chain Commitment
- We continue to accelerate cash to our suppliers to promote a healthy Defense Industrial Base. This week, we accelerated $307 million to 1,900 supply chain partners.
- This week we hosted a webinar for over 400 small business suppliers with the U.S. Army and have engaged with 8,600 of our small business suppliers in recent weeks to help navigate key resources to support and sustain their operations.
- Lockheed Martin has hired over 3,600 new employees across the United States since the COVID-19 crisis began. The corporation remains on track with our plans to hire 12,000 employees during 2020.
COVID-19 Relief Efforts
- We continue to provide donated corporate air support to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). To date, Lockheed Martin has completed a total of seven missions to support the federal government’s COVID-19 response and relief efforts.
- This week we completed the fourth bone marrow transfer flight to and from Germany.
Helping Our Communities
- This week, following our announcement to donate $5 million to state and local organizations that support communities where we operate, several of those organizations announced our contributions, including in the Pennsylvania/New Jersey area (Cooper Hospital Foundation and Metropolitan Area Neighborhood Nutrition Alliance), California (Antelope Valley Hospital), Connecticut (CT Food Bank), and Texas (JPS Foundation).
- Across the country, we have produced more than 55,000 protective gowns and nearly 28,000 face shields and have donated PPE at more than 125 locations where frontline medical workers are caring for COVID-19 patients, and those at risk, including medically vulnerable seniors.
- We have provided nearly 47,000 meals to the needy in local communities surrounding eight Lockheed Martin locations.
- Lockheed Martin has finalized $1 million grant agreements with the Army Emergency Relief, the Navy and Marine Corps Relief Society, and the Air Force Aid Society to provide emergency assistance to make an immediate impact on servicemembers, veterans and their families affected by the coronavirus pandemic, particularly where servicemembers’ basic living expenses and needs have been impacted by travel restrictions, loss of access to education and dependent care, and the economic downturn.
About Lockheed Martin
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 110,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
Please follow @LMNews on Twitter for the latest announcements and news across the corporation.
# # #
Jarrod Agen, 301-897-6412, firstname.lastname@example.org