Lockheed Martin Accelerates $600 Million to Suppliers Over Last Two Weeks
BETHESDA, Md., July 10, 2020 – Lockheed Martin continued support to critical industrial base suppliers, front-line medical workers and local communities this week for COVID-19 relief and response.
Supply Chain Commitment
- We continued to accelerate cash to our suppliers to promote a healthy Defense Industrial Base. Since our last update on June 26, we have accelerated more than $600 million, with a focus on small businesses and at-risk suppliers due to COVID-19.
- Lockheed Martin will continue to assess COVID-19 impacts, working with our U.S. Government partners and suppliers, and accelerate cash to at-risk suppliers and small businesses to ensure we continue to meet commitments vital to national security.
- Lockheed Martin has hired more than 9,600 new employees across the United States since the COVID-19 crisis began and is advertising for more than 2,800 roles. The corporation remains on track with plans to hire 12,000 employees during 2020.
Helping Our Communities
- Across the country, we have produced more than 74,000 protective gowns and 36,000 face shields. We have donated PPE at 175 locations where frontline medical workers are caring for COVID-19 patients, and those at risk, including medically vulnerable seniors.
- We have provided more than 57,000 meals to the needy in local communities surrounding nine Lockheed Martin locations.
- We continue to provide donated corporate air support to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the National Marrow Donor Program. To date Lockheed Martin has completed 12 missions to support the federal government’s COVID-19 response and relief efforts.
About Lockheed Martin
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 110,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
Please follow @LMNews on Twitter for the latest announcements and news across the corporation.
# # #
Jarrod Agen, 301-897-6412, firstname.lastname@example.org