Lockheed Martin Continues Support for Suppliers and Communities Impacted by COVID-19
BETHESDA, Md., Sept. 25, 2020 – Lockheed Martin continues to support the critical security needs of our nation and its allies during COVID-19 while also providing support to industrial base suppliers, front-line medical workers and local communities to help with relief and response efforts. This includes weekly accelerated payments to small and vulnerable businesses in our supply chain, more than $21.3 million in charitable contributions and sponsorships for local communities, and donations of personal protective equipment (PPE) and meals to healthcare workers and those impacted by the pandemic.
Supply Chain Commitment
- We have committed to accelerating cash to our suppliers through the end of the year to promote a healthy Defense Industrial Base. In recent weeks we accelerated more than $450 million per week with a focus on small businesses and at-risk suppliers.
- Since March, we have accelerated payments to more than 8,300 suppliers, including more than 5,000 small businesses across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and 39 nations.
- Lockheed Martin has more than 16,000 suppliers, including 77 elite suppliers recently recognized for exemplary performances in 2019, including 99% on time deliveries and zero quality defects. Lockheed Martin’s large supply base makes us a proud driver of U.S. economic development. Recently updated state-by-state infographics detailing the corporation’s economic impact and COVID-19 response are available at: https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/who-we-are/economic-and-workforce-impact.html#impact
- Lockheed Martin consistently monitors COVID-19 impacts, working with our U.S. government partners and suppliers, and will continue to accelerate cash to at-risk suppliers and small businesses to meet commitments vital to national security.
Helping Our Communities
As part of our pledge for an additional $3.5 million in charitable giving, our most recent donations provide:
- resources for technology and other improved distance learning outcomes to 44 public school districts;
- support for student emergency funding requests at 16 community colleges and vocational programs;
- access to food for students with a focus on the 10 states where we operate;
- support for 12 community foundations to address local needs; and
- expanded access to mental health programs for military service members and veterans.
Since the pandemic began, Lockheed Martin has donated $21.3 million to support public school students’ access to technology, food banks, and hospitals and first responders in 19 states including California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, and Texas, as well as the greater Washington, D.C. metro area.
- Across the country, we have produced more than 87,000 protective gowns and 54,000 face shields. We have donated PPE at 252 locations where frontline medical workers are caring for COVID-19 patients, and those at risk, including medically vulnerable seniors.
- We have provided more than 64,000 meals in local communities surrounding nine Lockheed Martin locations.
About Lockheed Martin
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 110,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
Please follow @LMNews on Twitter for the latest announcements and news across the corporation.
# # #
Jarrod Agen, 301-897-6412, email@example.com