Lockheed Martin Reaffirms Commitment to Suppliers and Communities as COVID-19 Relief and Recovery Continues
Bethesda, Md., May 1, 2020 – Lockheed Martin reaffirms ongoing efforts to support suppliers, medical workers, and communities in which the company operates with additional steps this week for COVID-19 relief and response.
- Lockheed Martin has hired more than 2,100 new employees domestically since the COVID-19 crisis began.
Supply Chain Commitment
- This week Lockheed Martin advanced approximately $110 million in accelerated payments to suppliers including small businesses across 43 states to maintain the strength of our nation’s vital defense industrial base and preserve manufacturing jobs.
- Since the Department of Defense enhanced the progress payment rate, we have delivered more than $365 million of the $450 million of our committed advanced payments to our distressed supply base. Prior to receiving the enhanced progress payments from the Department of Defense, we additionally accelerated more than $155 million to our supply base.
- In coordination with the U.S. Small Business Administration, we began a webinar series with small business and veteran-owned small business suppliers to help our supply chain identify additional resources to maintain financial and operational strength.
COVID-19 Relief Efforts
- On April 9, Lockheed Martin entered into a partnership with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to offer our corporate jet fleet as an in-kind donation to support the federal government's COVID-19 response and relief efforts.
- This week our inaugural flight flew from the United States to Germany to pick up bone marrow that will be used for blood transfusions and bone marrow transplants to help give cancer patients a chance for survival.
- As part of this partnership Lockheed Martin will be providing weekly air transport based on government medical need – flying government medical teams to the most critical, high-priority locations around the country and/or flying to support bone marrow transport to help with the government’s COVID-19 response.
Helping Our Communities
- Lockheed Martin is working to provide an additional $5 million to support local relief efforts in 10 U.S. COVID-impacted communities nearby major Lockheed Martin facilities and where our employees and their families live. This will bring our total COVID-19 relief charitable giving commitments to more than $18 million since the pandemic began.
- Across the country, we have produced and donated more than 30,000 pieces of personal protective equipment at more than 50 locations where frontline medical workers are caring for COVID-19 patients.
- We are providing more than 10,000 meals to the needy in local communities surrounding eight Lockheed Martin locations.
About Lockheed Martin
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 110,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
Please follow @LMNews on Twitter for the latest announcements and news across the corporation.
Jarrod Agen, 301-897-6412, firstname.lastname@example.org