Lockheed Martin Recognized for COVID-19 Relief Efforts, Continues Support for Impacted Suppliers and Communities
BETHESDA, Md., Nov. 6, 2020 – Lockheed Martin was recognized this week for outstanding contributions to the National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP) for supporting life-saving bone marrow transport flights as part of its COVID-19 response efforts. The corporation continues to support the critical security needs of our nation and its allies during COVID-19 while also providing support to industrial base suppliers, front-line medical workers and local communities to help with relief and response efforts. This includes weekly accelerated payments to small and vulnerable businesses in our supply chain, more than $21.3 million to date in charitable contributions and sponsorships for local communities, and donations of personal protective equipment (PPE) and meals to healthcare workers and those impacted by the pandemic.
COVID-19 Relief Efforts
- This week Lockheed Martin was recognized by Be The Match, operated by NMDP, with its annual “Be There Award” for the donation of the corporate air fleet to help move time-critical, life-saving bone marrow from Europe and Canada to needy patients who required transplants during COVID.
- Presented virtually to Lockheed Martin through its annual ONE Forum event, the “Be There Award” is given to an individual or group whose work has been dedicated to supporting NMDP’s patients, donors and providers. NMDP specifically recognized the corporation’s outstanding contributions to its mission as part of a broad team of staff and volunteers who worked tirelessly during the pandemic.
Supply Chain Commitment
- We continue to accelerate cash to our suppliers and will do so through the end of the year to promote a healthy Defense Industrial Base. In the third quarter of 2020, we used $1.1 billion of accelerated progress payments from the U.S. government plus cash on hand to accelerate $1.8 billion of payments to our suppliers.
- While an increase in the government’s progress payments rate had the effect of increasing our cash from operations, we accelerated all of these payments directly to our suppliers, with a focus on small businesses and those at-risk.
- Since March, we have accelerated payments to more than 9,200 suppliers, including more than 5,600 small businesses across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and 43 nations.
- Lockheed Martin has more than 16,000 suppliers, making us a proud driver of U.S. economic development. Recently updated state-by-state infographics detailing the corporation’s economic impact and COVID-19 response are available at: https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/who-we-are/economic-and-workforce-impact.html#impact
- Lockheed Martin consistently monitors COVID-19 impacts, working with our U.S. Government partners and suppliers, and will continue to accelerate cash to at-risk suppliers and small businesses to meet commitments vital to national security.
Helping Our Communities
Since the pandemic began, Lockheed Martin has donated $21.3 million to support public school students’ access to technology, access to food, community foundations’ ability to address local needs, military service members, front line workers and first responders. Some of the most recent recipients include:
- Alabama: Madison City Schools
- California: The Antelope Valley Union High School District and Lancaster School District
- Florida: Heart of Florida United Way and Eastern Florida State College
- South Carolina: The Community Foundation
- Texas: JPS Health Network, Clear Creek Independent School District and Tarrant Area Food Bank
- Across the country, we have produced more than 92,000 protective gowns and 54,000 face shields. We have donated PPE at 252 locations where frontline medical workers are caring for COVID-19 patients, and those at risk, including medically vulnerable seniors.
- We have provided more than 64,000 meals in local communities surrounding nine Lockheed Martin locations.
About Lockheed Martin
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 110,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
Please follow @LMNews on Twitter for the latest announcements and news across the corporation.
# # #
Jarrod Agen, 301-897-6412, email@example.com