Lockheed Martin Reaches Supply Chain Commitment Early and Continues COVID-19 Relief and Recovery Efforts
Bethesda, Md., May 8, 2020 –Lockheed Martin continued ongoing efforts to support critical industrial base suppliers, front-line medical workers, and local communities this week for COVID-19 relief and response.
Supply Chain Commitment
- From the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis Lockheed Martin has worked closely with the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) to provide critical financial and operational support to the most vulnerable elements of the U.S. defense industrial base.
- This week ahead of schedule, Lockheed Martin has reached our pledged goal of delivering $450 million in accelerated progress payments from the Department of Defense to our supply chain, including small and distressed businesses.
- This week Lockheed Martin advanced approximately $85 million in accelerated payments to suppliers including small businesses across 46 states to maintain the strength of our nation’s vital defense industrial base and preserve manufacturing jobs.
- Lockheed Martin has hired over 2,365 new employees across the United States since the COVID-19 crisis began. In addition, the corporation is actively recruiting for over 4,600 roles.
- We have allocated $320,000 in new funding to transition 13 existing apprenticeship programs into virtual ones.
COVID-19 Relief Efforts
- Lockheed Martin completed a total of three corporate jet missions to support the federal government’s COVID-19 response and relief efforts:
- In coordination with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, this week our corporate fleet completed a reload mission moving National Disaster Medical System (NDMS) Disaster Medical Assistance Teams (DMAT) personnel from Puerto Rico to Maryland to relieve HHS medical teams in Baltimore who were supporting the COVID-19 response. We also completed our second mission to and from Germany with lifesaving shipments of bone marrow products for cancer patients.
- Additional flights are expected in the coming weeks.
Helping Our Communities
- Across the country, we have produced and donated more than 30,000 protective gowns and 25,000 face shields at more than 70 locations where frontline medical workers are caring for COVID-19 patients.
- We are providing more than 44,000 meals to the needy in local communities surrounding eight Lockheed Martin locations.
About Lockheed Martin
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 110,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
Please follow @LMNews on Twitter for the latest announcements and news across the corporation.
Jarrod Agen, 301-897-6412, firstname.lastname@example.org