Lockheed Martin Reflects on Year of Support for more than 10,000 Suppliers, Workforce, and Communities Throughout Pandemic
BETHESDA, Md., Mar. 4, 2021 – One year into the COVID-19 pandemic, Lockheed Martin continues to support vulnerable suppliers, the health and safety of our workforce, and the communities where we operate while sustaining delivery of critical capabilities to our military and security partners.
Strengthening our Supply Chain
- In 2021, we are averaging more than $400 million weekly in accelerated payments to our supply chain partners, with a focus on small and vulnerable businesses.
- We have accelerated payments to more than 10,750 suppliers, including more than 6,500 small businesses across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and 47 nations. We will continue to accelerate cash to small businesses and vulnerable suppliers to meet commitments vital to national security.
Keeping our Workforce Safe & Healthy
- At the beginning of the pandemic, Lockheed Martin quickly invested in and implemented significant measures to protect the safety and well-being of our workforce.
- As a result, Lockheed Martin continued operating mission critical facilities in strict compliance with wide-ranging state and local orders without interruption across the United States.
Helping Our Communities Recover & Thrive
- Our nearly $22 million of donations to date have helped non-profit organizations and public schools cultivate the future STEM workforce, supported military families and veterans, and helped us stand with communities trying to alleviate the educational, food and health challenges caused by the pandemic.
- Across more than 20 states, we have produced more than 57,000 face shields and 97,000 gowns for frontline medical workers caring for COVID-19 patients, medically vulnerable seniors, and first responders. These donations have gone to approximately 300 locations, including children’s hospitals, local fire departments, and senior living facilities that are integral parts of the communities where Lockheed Martin employees live and work.
About Lockheed Martin
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 114,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
Please follow @LMNews on Twitter for the latest announcements and news across the corporation.
# # #
Trent Perrotto, 301-214-3504, firstname.lastname@example.org