Lockheed Martin Supports Suppliers and Improves Vaccine Access
BETHESDA, Md., April 8, 2021 – As the COVID-19 pandemic enters its 13th month, Lockheed Martin is continuing to bolster the defense industrial base through accelerated payments, with a focus on small and vulnerable businesses; taking deliberate action to protect our workforce’s health and safety; and delivering on our commitments to our military and security partners.
In addition, we recently signed onto the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Rally for Recovery Commitment to demonstrate our continued commitment to helping end the pandemic.
Strengthening our Supply Chain
- In the first quarter of this year, we averaged more than $430 million weekly in accelerated payments to our supply chain partners, with a focus on small and vulnerable businesses.
- As of March 28, we have accelerated approximately $1.4 billion in payments for invoices due to our supply chain in the second quarter or beyond.
- Since the beginning of the pandemic, we have accelerated payments to more than 11,000 suppliers, including more than 6,700 small businesses across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and 47 nations. We will continue to accelerate cash to small businesses and vulnerable suppliers to meet commitments vital to national security.
Keeping our Workforce Safe & Healthy
- As a Department of Homeland Security-designated essential business and a component of the nation’s critical infrastructure, Lockheed Martin has safely continued to operate throughout the pandemic.
- We are working with state and local governments to improve vaccine access by bringing points of distribution onto Lockheed Martin sites, so our employees and the communities where they live and work have easy access to vaccinations in line with local eligibility guidelines.
Helping Our Communities Recover & Thrive
- We concluded production of personal protective equipment with more than 57,000 face shields and 97,000 gowns for frontline medical workers caring for COVID-19 patients, medically vulnerable seniors and first responders. These donations went to approximately 300 locations, across 20 states, including children’s hospitals, local fire departments and senior living facilities that are integral parts of the communities near Lockheed Martin facilities.
- Our nearly $22 million of COVID-19 donations have helped non-profit organizations and public schools cultivate the future STEM workforce, supported military families and veterans and helped us stand with communities trying to alleviate the educational, food and health challenges caused by the pandemic.
- We are supporting the Blue Star Families “Team Up Against COVID” campaign, which is educating military service members, their families and veterans about vaccine options and how it will keep them, their family and their community safe.
About Lockheed Martin
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 114,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
Please follow @LMNews on Twitter for the latest announcements and news across the corporation.
# # #
Trent Perrotto, +1 301-214-3504, email@example.com