Lockheed Martin’s White Sands Missile Range facility supports missile and launcher tests for a variety of Missiles and Fire Control programs.
Located on the U.S. Army’s White Sands Missile Range (WSMR) in south central New Mexico, Lockheed Martin’s WSMR facility has supported product testing for the company’s Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) business area since 1964.
MFC programs that the WSMR facility supports include missiles such as the Tactical Missile System (TACMS) , the Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System Unitary Rocket (GMLRS) and Patriot Advanced Capability-3 (PAC-3) hit-to-kill air defense missile, the Medium Extended Air Defense System (MEADS), and launchers such as the Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) M270A1 and High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS).
The approximately 60 members of the WSMR team conduct launch operations, install missile telemetry and flight termination systems in test articles and collect test data. The team also supports ground testing, which includes radar search tracks, system-level mobility and environmental testing, as well as launcher maintenance, modification and repair.
In November 2012, the WSMR facility was one of eleven MFC facilities selected as a recipient of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award for performance excellence and quality achievement.
From Las Cruces, New Mexico
- Travel east on Hwy 70 for ~ 28 miles. You will see signs to NASA Admin Area, White Sands Space Harbor, White Sands National Monument, Holloman A.F.B. and Alamogordo.
- Take the turn-off to White Sands Missile Range and travel 5 miles to the Visitor's Center (Bldg. 122 on the right). Stop and get a visitor’s pass. You will need to show this pass to the guard on duty before entering Las Cruces gate.
- After passing through Las Cruces gate, continue straight on Headquarters Ave.
- Turn left on Engineer Dr. Your destination is Building 174A, the second building on the right. The building number sign is on the northwest corner of the building just above the big blue Lockheed Martin sign.
From El Paso, Texas Airport
- Turn right onto Airway Blvd (as soon as you pass the Microtel Inn and Suites). Turn right again onto Airport Road. You will cross through 4 light intersections (at Convair, Leigh Fisher, Butterfield/Cassidy and Founders).
- Stay in the left lane and merge onto Fred Wilson Ave via the ramp on the left toward TX-601 Spur/Chaffee Rd.
- After 2 miles, merge again onto TX-601 Spur W/Liberty Expressway via the ramp on the left.
- Take Exit 20A toward US-54/ Alamogordo/El Paso. Merge onto US-54E/Patriot Freeway E. (via the ramp on the right towards Alamogordo). Travel north on Hwy 54 (Gateway Blvd North).
- Take Kenworthy Exit 31 (name changes to Martin Luther King Jr Blvd) and turn left. Go through the underpass and pass three traffic lights in the North Hills housing area (at WalMart entrance, Jon Cunningham and Marcus Uribe). Continue toward Chaparral for about 8 miles, crossing into New Mexico. Martin Luther King Jr Blvd becomes FM-3255 at the state line.
- Continue north to a traffic circle at Anthony Gap/O’Hara Road/404 where FM-3255 becomes State Highway 213/NM-213. Enter the roundabout and continue driving north on NM-213 towards Dona Ana Base Camp on War Road. NM213 changes to War Road at the Base Camp (on the left side at a sharp curve). There is no physical sign showing the name change.
- Continue on this road for about 28 miles. When you reach the WSMR El Paso gate, stop and get a visitor’s pass. Tell the guard on duty you are going to Building 174A.
- Travel toward the main post on Headquarters Ave for approximately 3.7 miles.
- Turn right on Engineer Dr. Your destination is Building 174A, the second building on the right. The building number sign is on the northwest corner of the building just above the big blue Lockheed Martin sign.
Environmental, Safety and Health Policy
The Environmental, Safety and Health (ESH) Policy of Missiles and Fire Control is to operate our facilities in a regulatory compliant, responsible manner that protects the environment and surrounding communities, commits to pollution prevention and prevention of occupational injury and ill health, conserves natural resources, and provides a safe and healthful workplace for employees, contractors and visitors. The policy requires employees to:
- Integrate ESH considerations into strategic business decisions, engineering design, procurement, facilities management and production.
- Continually improve the environmental aspects and safety and health performance of our business and incorporate establish and review ESH goals in applicable performance measurements.
- Cultivate ESH responsibility by all employees’ at all organizational levels and those who work on behalf of and under the control of the company.
U.S. Government regulations require unescorted visitors to our WSMR facility to complete the Unexploded Ordnance Training provided by the U.S. Army.
WSMR, NM 88002
174A Sioux St.
WSMR, NM 88002
ATACMS is a trademark of Lockheed Martin Corporation; MEADS is a trademark of MEADS International, Inc. All Rights Reserved.