Do You Have What It Takes to Be a Fighter Pilot?
When your wingman says “check six,” what should you do?
- Beware of something directly in front of you
- Look for six targets in front of you
- Look directly behind you
- Confirm that the time is 6 o’clock
Modern fighters are capable of generating up to how many Gs in a tight turn?
The F-35 flies in combat formations of a mile or more across to (pick all that apply):
- Reduce the likelihood of a whole formation being seen all at once
- Keep from hitting one another
- Provide mutual support in visual formations
- Allow wingmen more freedom to maneuver against a mutual threat
In tactical fighter situations, what does the term BVR mean?
- Ballistic variable reaction
- Beam volume and refraction
- Best virtual response
- Beyond visual range
Flying in weather conditions with no visual horizon requires the pilot to maintain the desired climb, dive and bank angle by primarily referencing which gauge?
- Airspeed indicator
- Attitude indicator
In a typical landing approach, what is considered to be a normal glide path angle to the runway?
- 4 - 5º
- 2 ½ - 3º
- 1 - 2º
3. Look directly behind you
1. Reduce the likelihood of a whole formation being seen all at once
3. Provide mutual support in visual formations
4. Allow wingmen more freedom to maneuver against a mutual threat
4. Beyond visual range
2. Attitude indicator
2. 2 ½ - 3º