LMXT: Built in America.
By Americans. For Americans.
Proven. Ready Now. Mission-Focused.
Lockheed Martin’s LMXT is America’s next strategic tanker ― built in America by Americans for Americans. With a focus on the future, the LMXT builds on Lockheed Martin’s successful 60+ year history of producing tanker aircraft for the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Navy and multiple operators around the world.
Offering a proven airframe with distinct U.S. Air Force-only capabilities, the LMXT provides the most advanced and complementary tanker to meet America’s immediate and long-term mission requirements.
By Americans, For Americans
The LMXT is built in America by Americans for Americans with production and tanker modification occurring across the U.S.A.
- Strengthens the U.S. aerospace industry through partnerships with existing customers and new suppliers
- Creates a diverse workforce by maintaining and sustaining high-tech, high-skill American manufacturing jobs
- From assembly to conversion to delivery, the LMXT will make a strong economic impact in the U.S.
The LMXT’s capabilities seamlessly recapitalize tankers with immediately improved air refueling, increased fuel offload at range, and proven combat capability to support multiple mission requirements
- Proven airframe designed to meet U.S. Air Force mission requirements through unprecedented range
- Serves as the world’s first fully automatic boom/air-to-air refueling (A3R) system
- Proven fly-by-wire boom certified by customers and allies around the clock and around the world
From day one, the LMXT will be capable of accomplishing the full range of missions demanded of air refueling aircraft, building on the Multi Role Tanker Transport’s (MRTT) proven combat record in both boom and hose-and-drogue refueling operations.
- Based on the strategic tanking choice for 13 nations around the world
- Currently supports fighter, transport and maritime patrol aircraft for the U.S. and allied partners
- Current receiver air refueling certifications for tanker airframe: F-35A, F-22, F-16, A-10, B1-B, C-17, E-3, E-7, F-15, P-8A
The LMXT provides state-of-the-art capabilities to support future tanker-related missions.
- Offers open system architecture JADC2 systems
- Leverages multi-domain operations node to increase onboard situational awareness, connecting the airframe to the larger environment
- Provides space flexibility and availability to support future requirements and needs