LMXT: America’s Next Strategic Tanker
Proven. Ready Now. Mission-Focused.
By Americans, For Americans
LMXT tanker production and modification work will occur in Mobile, Alabama, and Marietta, Georgia, and will:
- Strengthen the U.S. aerospace industry through valued partnerships with existing and new suppliers
- Create a diverse workforce by maintaining and sustaining high-tech, high-skill American manufacturing jobs, with the potential to bring more than 1,000 jobs to Alabama and Georgia, in addition to other states
- Expand critical aerospace work in the U.S.
- Make a strong economic impact with U.S.-based work across assembly, conversion and delivery
The LMXT’s capabilities address future challenges now and seamlessly recapitalize tankers with immediately improved air refueling, increased fuel offload at range, and proven combat capability to support multiple mission requirements.
- Built on a proven airframe and designed to meet today and tomorrow's mission requirements through unprecedented offload at range
- Includes the world’s first fully automatic boom/air-to-air refueling (A3R) system for faster refueling operations at increased range
- Uses a proven fly-by-wire boom certified by customers and allies around the clock and around the world
From day one, the LMXT will bring the right solutions for U.S. Air Force air refueling missions, building on the Multi Role Tanker Transport’s (MRTT) proven combat record in both boom and hose-and-drogue refueling operations.
- Based on the trusted strategic tanking choice for 14 nations around the world
- Currently refuels fighter, transport and maritime patrol aircraft for the U.S. and allied partners
- Holds receiver air refueling certifications for the F-35A, F-22, F-16, A-10, B1-B, C-17, E-3, E-7, F-15, P-8A
The LMXT provides reliable and competitive capabilities to support future tanker-related missions.
- Offers open architecture mission and communications system
- Serves as Joint All Domain Operations node to increase strategic advantage and onboard situational awareness, connecting the airframe to the larger battlespace
- Provides space flexibility and availability to adapt to future mission requirements